Paul van Dyk Feat. Austin Leeds - Symmetries (Official Video)


“Austin and I have known each other for quite a while now and I can say we're really good friends. We collaborated on 'New York City' for the last album, and that was a track that we both really liked and -- as importantly -- enjoyed making together. Austin started 'Symmetries' by producing this piece that had the drums, percussion loops and bassline and sent me this wonderful, near-complete backing track.“

“When I did this with 'Symmetries', I had a piano hook line in my head, and when I brought Austin's backing track in, I started playing it over the top. This was the first time that the two main parts were brought together, and as it was playing I saw that other aspects were going a little too deep and the track was feeling like it should be lighter. So I made quick modulations to those, and the track we arrived with at the end became 'Symmetries'.”


No comments:

Post a Comment